Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back then

Have you ever wanted to just go back in time; just retrace your steps and relive every second of your past?

I'm sure we all have. I just seem to be doing that very often nowadays.

And it's not like I'm having an awful time where I am now. In fact, I'm living very comfortably here in Perth. Honestly, I have always felt very blessed to be here, to have met all of my wonderful friends and to have let myself experience and try things I've never bothered doing back home. I do love it here, but I can't help but look back once in a while. And when I do, I start to miss everything I once had. From the comfort of home; being surrounded by family and friends that I've known for almost a decade now, to getting out of that comfort zone and stepping into college life in Inti; experiencing freedom for the very first time with people that I will never forget. I miss it all and it's sad that every time I look back, the memories start to become more vague. If I had a chance, I would go back and just relive them so they would never fade.

I understand that life goes on and looking back ever so often will only leave me stagnant, but it's hard not to miss and yearn for the things that have made such a big impact in your life; things that make you smile every time you think about them.

Memories are there to remind us that life is worth living, that love is worth pursuing and that friendship is worth keeping. I will always remember those of you who have been such a big part of my life, especially those who have brought me closer to God. Because when I feel like I've lost my way, I think back to how I used to feel when I was close to Him.

And it's all thanks to you, all of you who were part of my journey before.